How it works
There are two rounds for admission to Europa ZomerExpo 2019. Participation in the first round, the online pre-selection, costs €10 per artwork. You may only upload digital images of your work via this website for the first round.
Anyone who makes art can submit one or more works for the online pre-selection for Europa ZomerExpo 2019, which will be on display from 25 May to 1 September at Museum de Fundatie in Zwolle and Heino/Wijhe.
Entering your work:
- Click on Registering work in the menu bar and enter your personal details.
- Click on ‘Next’ once you have entered all the details.
- Click on ‘Add artwork’.
- Add details of the artwork.
- If you are uploading outdoor art for the online pre-selection round, please insert ‘BUITENKUNST’ after the title of the piece.
- Upload one image of each artwork, showing the entire piece. See here for tips on photographing your work.
- Up to two extra photographs of freestanding three-dimensional work may be uploaded. NB: the jury will view these extra photographs only if they are of freestanding three-dimensional work.
- Upload jpg or png files only, maximum size 3 MB. The same applies if you are entering photographic work.
- If you have a film or animation, upload 1 screenshot as your image, tick the box and enter the link to the video.
- Then click on ‘Add’ in the bottom right of the screen.
- Review the details and click on ‘Next’.
- Read the terms and conditions and tick the box to indicate ‘I agree to the terms and conditions’.
- Choose your payment method (preferably iDEAL), and pay the required sum.
- You will be sent confirmation of payment by email, with the details of your entry.
As soon as payment has been accepted, your work will be included in the pre-selection round.
You may enter work until 15 March 2019. The regional juries will then make their selection.
You will be informed by email by 1 April 2019 at the latest whether your work has been selected for the second round, the ZomerExpo Preview in Amsterdam or (if you have entered outdoor art) in Heino/Wijhe.
In March 2019 the regional juries – consisting of curators, gallery owners, journalists and artists – will choose up to 1000 works from the works submitted online.
If your work is not selected, we will immediately remove the image files from our systems. For more information on this, see our privacy statement.
If your work is selected
The works selected for the museum galleries will be presented at the big ZomerExpo Preview which will be held at the Van Gendthallen in Amsterdam in the week of 13 to 19 April. A professional jury, a junior jury and a public jury will select the works to be shown at the Europa ZomerExpo 2019 exhibition using a vote distribution system. You may collect your work on 20 or 21 April.
If you have submitted outdoor art
If your work is selected in the first round, you will be sent an email inviting you to present it on Sunday 7 April 2019 at the ZomerExpo Preview for outdoor art in the grounds of Nijenhuis Castle in Heino/Wijhe. You will be informed that same day as to whether your work has been chosen for the exhibition, in which case it will remain on site.
The costs of participating in the 2nd round (ZomerExpo Preview) are €25 per work. You are requested to pay this amount by bank card when you deliver your work on 7, 13 or 14 April 2019.
Click here to enter.